Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Happy Birthday - Sketch 16

I had to make a card for my little cousins 1st birthday... (Happy Birthday sweet girl!) on the weekend and as usual I fell back on the sketch for Atlantic Hearts as my starting off point. Of course after I finished the card I remembered I just got the cutest stamp set from the new idea book out of Jeanette's Archive so I pulled it out and made a second card with it.

Here's card #1

Here's card # 2

I honestly can't tell you which is my favourite as I keep going back and forth between them. They both use the new Babycakes paper with chocolate cardstock on colonial white card bases. They also both use the Babycakes Complements for the "ribbon". Oh and yes, they really are the same colour in real life but when I tried to correct the colour in the photo of the giraffe one it turned the grey background green when I adjusted the colour for the chocolate so I gave up and left the patterned paper as close as possible to the correct colour and I'll let you imagine the chocolate colour like you see on the teddy bear card on it instead of the darker almost cocoa colour that you see in the photo.

The giraffe card I simply stamped the sentiment from D1502 - Look Who's on the canvas Babycakes complements using the chocolate pigment ink from the basics assortment.

The teddy bear card everything is stamped with the pigment ink and then I used alcohol markers to colour in the bow, present and hat (by the way the present and hat are separate stamps in the set so your bear doesn't have to be birthday he can just be a bear with a bow on him). I used a blender pen with the chocolate ink to colour in the bear nice and light.

Now head on over to the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge blog to see the all the awesome creations by our wonderful Design Team and to see who got Top 3 from last weeks sketch HERE.

Once you've been inspired I'd love to see you get brave and link up your own take on this weeks sketch HERE.


Products Used Today:

5 comments:

  1. Both are super cute, but I'm a big lover of Teddy Bears, so that is the one I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Michelle! Both are super cute! I hadn't thought of using the giraffe paper for a birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your teddy bear, both cards are adorable but I love the teddy bear!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love reading them!!!
Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back (especially if you are asking a question or entering a giveaway!!)


floating share

  
Get widget