Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Beach wedding invite

I have this beach themed wedding invites over on the Card a Day Blog today.


I did these invitations for a friend of mine She really wanted the aqua mulberry paper but of course couldn't find any that we could get here in time so I made my own version for her which she loved. We took tissue paper and crumpled it up a few times and then used a spray adhesive to stick 2 pieces together. I then painted lines of water where I wanted to tear it to make it easier to keep to the dimensions I needed and tore it apart. She had a picture of some shells and sea urchin in a similar colour palette that she wanted to use so I printed the picture off on some cardstock and then printed her text on some vellum to layer on top. Finished it off with some raffia and a sand dollar cuttlebug die cut.

The RSVP was done with the same tissue paper layer and then just printed the text on some nice paper. Added a couple more die cuts and voila!

2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful. Great job, wish I had known you 6 years ago when I was planning my wedding....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a really cute idea and smart use of tissue paper. I will have to keep that in my tips book

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love reading them!!!
Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back (especially if you are asking a question or entering a giveaway!!)


floating share

  
Get widget