Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Beware Sketch 15

Make sure you check out the  rest of the Design Teams creations and Tops 3 from last weeks sketch (after you read my post of course or at least check out the card I made) so you don't miss out on some truly awesome creations! I am so very proud of our design team, they make my heart happy.

I always try to make cards for my sons preschool class and friends and family from both my kids (my youngest isn't in preschool or anything yet) for all the holidays.

This year I need to make sure I start them just a little bit earlier than usual to ensure they get made on time for each holiday.

That said when I was looking through my new Close To My Heart Artbooking cricut cartridge I saw a few images and had this weeks sketch in the back of my mind for this years Halloween cards. Now I know you're probably not ready to start your Halloween cards just yet but I bet over the next month you're going to start trying to (or after the fact will wish you started to so you didn't end up doing them last minute like I usually do) figure out what you're going to make so you can get all the supplies you'll need.

Check out what I came up with!

The card base is 6" square of cranberry cardstock and then the black is a 5.5" square. I used the Artbooking cartridge to cut the spider web overlay at 5.5" from whisper cardstock which I then sanded a bit and added some glitz gel randomly on it (not sure if you can pick out the glitter in the photo or not but trust me.. in real life the web has a definite sparkle). The spider was cut with the dial size set at 11.5" (this cartridge is set up so that the pieces will cut to make the layout pictured in the handbook by setting the dial size once and cutting all of your pieces hence the large dial size for this spider... I also could have used real dial size and cut it somewhere around 3" since that's how big he ended up). I cut the "Beware" at 1" with real dial size on (I think it would have cut this size had I just left my dial size on 5.5" and not used Real Dial Size as well).

I covered my spider with bonding memories glue using the jumbo glue stick and poured some black flocking on him. I love that this card has the fuzzy spider and the shimmery web. The spider is then positioned with the "Beware" first and then the word and spider are popped up together with foam tape.


Please head over and check out what the rest of the design team made with this weeks sketch as well as the Top 3 from Sketch 14 HERE

Products Used:

10 comments:

  1. I really love this card, so super fun for kids. Really like how you have the legs of the spider coming through the letters. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. Was a bit more time consuming to do it that way but totally worth it for the end result. :)

      Delete
  2. I think this card friggin ROCKS! I love the s-P-o-O-k-Y element! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is awesome! It is perfect for the little ones and any Halloween enthusiast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brandi. This one was claimed by my 4 year old and keeps getting stolen by the 2 year old so hoping the 4 year old classmates love it just as much.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Darla. I love the images in Artbooking and I had seen the web and was thinking what a great background for Halloween cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Love how you added the sketch to your product list. I might have to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a creative take on the sketch! I cant wait to get my own cartidge to play!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love reading them!!!
Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back (especially if you are asking a question or entering a giveaway!!)


floating share

  
Get widget