Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hello Sketch # 12

I'm going to keep my post very short and sweet this week as I'm trying to spend all my time with my husband and children this week before hubby leaves for deployment for 8 months this weekend. :)

Without further ado... here is my take on Sketch # 12 from the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge blog.

I flipped the sketch sideways and used a card design from a kit by fellow consultant Dawn Montagano from quite a while ago that she had done using the victory paper and barn red. I used our current Tommy paper paired with outdoor denim and honey. I coloured the dog in from the A Bowwow stamp set (love this set at just $6.95 it's fabulous) with alcohol markers. The sentiment is also from the same stamp set as well as the little bones that were fussy cut out and stuck on top of the honey like a bow. The outdoor denim layer behind the dog was scored every 1/4" 6 times and tyhen lightly sanded to expose the white core of the card stock on the score lines. The panel with the dog on it was scored 1/4" in all the way around and sponged with some cashmere ink.

Make sure you check out ALL the design teams creations using this sketch today HERE.

Go HERE to see all the entries so far and to enter your own creation! :)


4 comments:

  1. Great card! I didn't even think about flipping the sketch! Love the strong tommy colours and the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this pooch, and you made a great backdrop for him. The scoring combined with the striped paper works really well. Love the cross-bones, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute Darla. I really like it all, but the best touch is the little crossed bones in the bottom corner!!! Great car !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! Yep I can see that running through my dogs minds

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love reading them!!!
Make sure you leave a way for me to contact you back (especially if you are asking a question or entering a giveaway!!)


floating share

  
Get widget