The stamp set we'll be using is "Baroque Borders" and is available for just $5 with any $50 order.
We're so excited to be doing this hop and we have a fabulous lineup with some very talented ladies. There will be lots of fun projects.
This month we will be showcasing the August Stamp of the Month "Baroque Borders" . This stamp can be used in so many different ways and we hope to inspire you with our creations!
If you just happened to come to this blog, you should start at the beginning at Lucy's blog.
My daughter celebrated her 1st birthday a couple weeks ago and I lost my mind and decided to throw her a princess party. ;)
Here is the cake (which looked easy enough.. and would have been had I bought regular cones for the decorations instead of heavy sugar cones which FYI regular cake can't hold the weight of) surrounded by the purses which I made using the Artiste cricut cartridge and the Baroque Borders SOTM, some tiaras, noise makers, etc.
As you can see the purses wouldn't close after I filled them with lip gloss, nail polish, beads, a little worry doll, crayons, ring, and candy. :)
You will find this cute little purse on page 31 of the Artiste handbook. The handle is just a piece of gift wrap ribbon that happened to match the colour scheme. I started off using regular ribbon but quickly switched when I remembered that my 3 1/2 year old boy was going to be the oldest kid at the party and so using regular ribbon would be a bit of a waste. Here's some up close photos including my prototype (the purple one with the nice satin ribbon).
After the purses were cut I stamped part of one of the corner stamps from the Baroque borders SOTM set on the flap, assembled and voila!
The next stop on your blog hop fun is Judith.
Here is the list of all the talented consultants who are participating in this months blog hop:
- Lucy ~ http://www.love2createitall.com
- Darla ~ http://www.stampingunderdoctorsorders.blogspot.com/
- Judith ~ www.grammiejudys.blogspot.com
- Carolyn Heniges http://www.nuts4scrappin.blogspot.com/
- Amie Kiger ~ http://www.mimimyselfandibykigz.blogspot.com
- Ryan www.pieceandpaper.blogspot.com
- Joanne http://josiesjoy.blogspot.com
- Pam Stewart - http://i-candy-scraps.blogspot.com
- Kindred Hearts - http://itmakestotalcents.blogspot.com
- Julia Hammond http://youcancreatectmh.blogspot.com/